“Commodity Crusaders” Portfolio: An Insight into Commodity-driven Forex Pairs
In the vast landscape of the foreign exchange market, certain currency pairs exhibit a pronounced sensitivity to the fluctuations in global commodity prices. Aptly named the “Commodity Crusaders” Portfolio, this curated list hones in on those pairs most influenced by the ebb and flow of the commodity markets.
The pairs selected for this portfolio are:
Why These Pairs?
- AUD/USD & NZD/USD: Both Australia and New Zealand’s economies have a significant stake in commodities. Australia, as one of the world’s largest exporters of iron ore and coal, sees its currency, the Australian Dollar (AUD), often moving in tandem with global commodity prices. New Zealand, on the other hand, is a leading exporter of dairy products, and its currency, the New Zealand Dollar (NZD), reflects the dynamics of this industry.
- USD/CAD: Known colloquially as the “Loonie,” the Canadian Dollar (CAD) is closely tied to oil prices. Canada’s vast oil reserves, particularly in the Alberta oil sands, render the CAD sensitive to shifts in the global oil market.
- AUD/CAD, NZD/CAD & AUD/NZD: These cross pairs further emphasize the relative strength and interplay between commodity-centric economies.
- CAD/JPY, AUD/JPY & NZD/JPY: The inclusion of the Japanese Yen (JPY) in these pairs introduces an element of risk appetite into the mix. As Japan is a significant importer of commodities, these pairs often resonate with the broader themes of global trade and economic health.
- EUR/AUD: The Eurozone, with its diverse set of economies, offers a contrasting dynamic against the commodity-driven Australian economy. This pair often becomes a battleground for traders when global commodity prices and European economic health diverge.
Trading Strategy Considerations:
For those contemplating trading this portfolio, it’s essential to keep a close eye on global commodity news, especially those related to oil, iron ore, coal, and dairy products. Additionally, economic indicators from Australia, New Zealand, and Canada can provide crucial context for potential price movements.
The “Commodity Crusaders” Portfolio offers a refined look into the world of commodity-influenced currency pairs. As with any investment, it’s vital to conduct thorough research and consult with professionals before making trading decisions.
Global Accountancy Institute , Inc. bridges Accountancy, Finance, Investments, Trading, and Technology, amalgamating these disciplines to establish itself as a Global Multi-Asset Class Professional Proprietary Trading Firm. We pride ourselves on being a diversified multi-asset proprietary trading firm and solely utilize our own capital to engage in securities, futures, options, and commodities trading in the global financial markets.
It’s imperative to note that Global Accountancy Institute Inc. does not offer any service or product to the general public. Furthermore, we do not accept clients or external funds under any circumstances.
The information provided in this article, and any accompanying material, is strictly for informational purposes only and should not be construed as financial or investment advice. One should consult with a financial or investment professional to determine what may be best for their individual needs.
Your use of the information on this website or materials linked from the Web is strictly at your own risk. Remember that past performance is never indicative of future results. The Forex market and trading, in general, are subject to a range of risks including, but not limited to, changing market conditions, high volatility, and unforeseen events.