The Certified Internal Auditor(CIA) designation is a globally accepted certification for internal auditors and remains the standard by which individuals demonstrate their competency and professionalism in the internal auditing field.
The CIA examination is accredited by The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), an international professional association that is recognized worldwide as the Internal Audit profession’s leader in certification, education, research and technological guidance.
To get your CIA certification, you must meet the eligibility requirements which include passing 3 exams (parts) of the qualification and obtaining a minimum of 24 months of internal auditing experience.
Minimum entry requirements:
To qualify as a CIA , you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree
- 2 years’ post- secondary education and 5 years’ relevant work experience
- 7 years’ relevant work experience (if you do not have a bachelor’s degree)
Other Features of CIA:
- The CIA exams are computer based and consist of 125 MCQs for level I and 100 each for levels II and III
- The part I exam is 2.5 hours long and parts II and III are 2 hours each
- The pass mark for the CIA exams is a scaled score of 600 for all three parts which equates to an approximate pass rate of 75% per part
PART 1: INTERNAL AUDIT BASICS
Exam Time: 2.5 hours
*IIA Mandatory Guidance
*Risk Tools and Techniques for Conducting the Audit Engagement
PART 2: INTERNAL AUDIT PRACTICE
Exam Time: 2.0 hours
*Managing the Internal Audit Function
*Managing Individual Engagements
*Fraud Risks and Controls
PART 3: INTERNAL AUDIT KNOWLEDGE ELEMENTS
Exam Time: 2.0 hours
*Organizational Structure and Business Processes
*Global Business Environment
Global Accountancy Institute,Inc. is proud to offer tuition support using our Global Live Online Class.
Global Live Online Class enable you to attend our live classes from the comfort of your home or office. In these classes we work through each topic, focusing on the key examinable areas most likely to come up in your examination. No specialized equipment is required, all you need is a computer and an internet connection. This means that you can study with us from any where in the world.